To facilitate a positive experience for our nursery-aged children and our volunteers, please take note of the following policies:
- Please do not bring food or drinks into the nursery. Some of our children have severe allergies and may experience a reaction.
- Please share any specific instructions with your child’s teacher at check-in. Instructions can pertain to food allergies, needs such as a bottle or a nap during the service, potty training, or any other details on caring for you child. Your willingness to do this during the check-in process will allow our volunteers to better serve you and your child.
- Parents are asked not to enter the nursery rooms when dropping off or picking up their children, but to hand them to a volunteer over the pass-through door.
- A snack—usually saltine crackers or Cheerios—is served to the children during each service. If your child requires a different snack for any reason, please contact us.
- It is our policy at Grace Church that only female lead teachers may change diapers.
- Our volunteers will try to calm upset children for 15 minutes before contacting a parent through text message.
- Children will only be released to parents or guardians when a check-out sticker is presented. If you need help obtaining a check-out sticker, please see a member of the Welcome Team.