In this episode of the Grace Church Members podcast, Chris Rivers, Bill White, and Scott Mozingo discuss our teaching series in the Gospel of John. After a summer hiatus, it’s helpful to reflect on key narratives from the first ten chapters of John's Gospel and explore the big ideas as we return to finish the series this fall.
- This series in the Gospel of John aims to deepen our relationship with Jesus Christ and enhance our understanding of him.
- John offers a unique perspective on Jesus’ life, underlining the importance of trust, obedience, and following Jesus.
- Significant narratives from the first ten chapters of John's gospel are analyzed, with a special focus on the message of resurrection life we can find in Jesus.
- Thomas exemplifies the paradox of belief and doubt, and we can see parallels to our contemporary faith journey.
- Jesus' resurrection and eternal life has the power to dismantle our fear of death.
QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION
- How does John's perspective on Jesus' life and ministry challenge or support your current understanding of Jesus Christ?
- In what ways can you relate to the paradox of belief and doubt as portrayed by Thomas and other characters in John's Gospel?
- How can the concept of resurrection life through Jesus and his eternal life impact your personal fear or perception of death?
- How can the narratives explored in the episode help you to foster a deeper, more personal relationship with Jesus?
If you have questions about this episode or you have an idea for a future episode, please visit the podcast page and click on "Ask Chris and Scott."